Prayer Requests

PRAYER REQUESTS UPDATED 02/28/14

For more prayer request please check out my Facebook page CPREzra823 Intercession

I am honoured to pray for you. If you wish me to add you or someone you know to the prayer list, or if you have a prayer request, please let me know in a comment or email:
cpr{dot}ezra{dot}8{dot}23{at}gmail{dot}com

--February 22 2017--

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Jesus Take Care of Joey

Dear, sweet Joey has gone home to be with Jesus. Here is what his dad said on his CaringBridge page:



Joey finally met in person (face to face) the person he's loved, trusted, admired, talked to, talked about, and worshipped for years, Jesus, tonight, at 9:35p. Buddy, you loved that song, I'll fly away....you beat me there. Which is not the way it's supposed to be. I will be there soon. I never knew I could love someone like I loved you, son. My heart will be broken until I see you again. You are awesome. I told you often how much I loved you and thought of you. I can only hope to run a race as strong, and focused, and effective as you. In spiritual terms, I look up to you. I love you and am a fractured, torn up person without you. I'll never be right. But I will see you soon. One more time, "Dad thinks you are awesome! You make me happy! I am so proud of you." I'm coming buddy. Pray for me.

Please be in prayer for the family during this very sad time. Thanks!

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 NIV
Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Blessings,
<><

18 comments:

  1. Joey certainly fought the good fight and ran the race well. What an amazing tribute written by his Dad. xOx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerrie,
      He sure did! You can tell his dad loves him dearly.

      Blessings,
      <><

      Delete
  2. Oh my heart, I am so saddened to hear this news. I will be praying for the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbie,
      Thank you. His parents will need lots of prayer cover.

      Blessings,
      <><

      Delete
  3. What could any of us say that would comfort Joey's family more than what is contained in the beautiful verses from 1 Thessaloniansch.4. God alone knows all the whys and the wherefores of this life. I cannot imagine the loss they must feel, but know from being a Christian the comfort they will experience from our Heavenly Father in their time of sadness. May the Lord Jesus cover them with His tenderness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,
      Only Father knows why Joey was taken home and not healed on earth. I pray the Father really covers this family because his dad believed up until the very end that Jesus would heal him here. God's ways are not our ways.

      Blessings,
      <><

      Delete
    2. This is a beautiful tribute from the parent whose heart is broken, yet who has the hope and comfort from Father. Although I have tears, I know little Joey is in good hands...the best hands, the same hands that molded and formed him...I will pray for the comfort that surpasses all understanding to envelope the family (especially the parents) of Joey. That verse is perfect.

      Delete
    3. Hi Lisa,
      I agree with you the tribute from his dad is beautiful and Joey is in the best hand possible, Jesus.
      Thanks for your prayers, I just know Joey's mom and dad feel them.

      Blessings,
      <><

      Delete
  4. My heart aches for this family, and I shed tears for ones I don't even know trusting our God will hold them tightly and whisper to them gently that they may rest in His peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shanna, (I hope I spelled your name correctly, I always forget if it is one n or two)

      What a sweet, dear, tender heart you have; so precious. I know Father is holding them close during this wretched time they must go through.

      Blessings,
      <><

      Delete
  5. this is a beautiful testimony of faith even through all of the grief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annmarie,
      Joey's dad's faith is amazing! I only hope that my faith is as strong as his. His love for the Father and his trust in Him encourages me as I know it encourages others too.

      Blessings,
      <><

      Delete
    2. At times there is a jelousy that comes over me when someone goes ahead of me in meeting our Lord and Savior face to face. I know my day will come....but yes Joey is in His loving presence now! amen.

      Delete
    3. Hi JBR,
      I know that envious feeling and can relate. :)
      Your destiny is not yet complete, you still have a ton of work to do and I just love seeing you unfold.

      Blessings hon,
      <><

      Delete
  6. I will be lifting the family up in prayer, the loss of a loved one is never easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ken,
      Thank you for praying for this family. You surly do know the pain and hurt they are going through.

      Blessings brother,
      <><

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment, it sure does brighten my day. Please remember to keep the comments God honouring and click 'Subscribe by Email' as I always reply to comments.
God Bless,
<><